- The cost for the current academic year is $360 per credit.
- The standard fee for auditing a course on campus is $100 per credit and $150 per credit for language courses. This fee is not refundable. Spouses of Seminary students accepted into a program of study and retired CLB pastors may audit courses free of charge.
- Students accepted into a program of study may audit courses and take J-Term courses free of charge.
- Open Studies students taking courses should note that the total tuition amount is the responsibility of the student. No financial aid is available for Open Studies students. The total tuition fees are due on or before the first day of class. (See Open Studies Category- p. 21 of catalog)
- Directed study courses carry an additional $50 per credit fee for production, administration, mailing, and faculty involvement.
- A course retaken to change a previous grade will be charged regular tuition.
- Other fees include:
- Registration fee of $10/credit with a maximum of $120/semester;
- Student activity fee of $20/semester;
- Technology fee of $30/semester;
- Graduation fee of $100/final semester.
- Testing fee of $250/course when registering for PT 912 and PT 915.
In the case of students who drop a course or withdraw from the Seminary before the end of a semester, refunds on tuition will be made at the following rates. The fees are non-refundable.
- Within the first week, full tuition refund with proper approval of the administration.
- Second and third weeks, 75%
- Fourth and fifth weeks, 50%
- No refunds after the fifth week.
The churches of the Church of the Lutheran Brethren support the Seminary by providing two-thirds of the school’s operating costs. In this way the amount of financial responsibility to the student is significantly reduced. The remaining one-third of the Seminary cost is covered through student tuition for which the student is responsible. Financial aid is available to assist some students with these tuition costs. No financial aid is available for Open Studies students.
Students are responsible for their own health insurance and housing.
Student costs are payable at registration. A payment plan may be arranged through the Seminary finance office. Unless pre-approved by the Lutheran Brethren Seminary Administrative Committee, students will not be allowed to register if their account is greater than one semester’s cost. A student’s account must be paid in full or be current on an approved payment plan in order to receive a diploma (certificate, etc.) or to obtain the release of official transcripts.
Lutheran Brethren Seminary is approved by the Minnesota State Approving Agency for training under the G. I. Bill. Applicants for these benefits should apply for educational assistance at their nearest regional Veterans Administration Office or Lutheran Brethren Seminary.
A person who meets the basic service requirements and who has been separated or discharged under conditions other than dishonorable may be entitled to educational assistance. A student receiving VA educational assistance is required to maintain satisfactory progress and conduct according to standards established and enforced by the institution, fully and clearly published in the institution’s catalog, approved by the State Approving Agency, and accepted by the Veterans Administration. If the student fails to maintain satisfactory progress or conduct, payments will then be suspended. Regardless of whether the student desires to remain in the same program or desires to change institutions or programs, VA counseling is required before benefits can be resumed.
For students enrolled under the provisions of Public Law 89-358, the school will refund the unused portion of tuition, fees, and other charges in the event the veteran or eligible person fails to enter the course, withdraws, or is discontinued there from at any time prior to completion. The amount charged to the veteran or eligible person for tuition, fees, and other charges for a portion of the course will not exceed the approximate pro rate portion of the total charges for tuition, fees, and other charges that the length of the completed portion of the course bears to its total length.